I came home to a wonderful surprise this evening! I found a super-sweet comment from Kara at Sped-venture! (Don't you just love the name of her blog?!) I found out I received the Versatile Blogger Award! I feel so honored to be a part of this awesome community of teacher-bloggers! Make sure you check her blog out!
The rules for the award go like this:
-Thank the person who gave you the award:
Thank you so much Kara from Sped-Ventures! I love meeting other special education teachers!
-Tell seven random things about yourself:
1. I am married to a wonderful man, who is also a teacher and we have two amazing daughters. They are 4 and just turned 6. They keep us very busy and entertained. I can't imagine my life without them!
2. I want to get my masters from Full Sail Education Media Design & Technology. How cool would it be to learn how to create your own education apps to review/practice the standards you are teaching in your class? Kids are such tech junkies and would love to spend time on the ipod/ipad.
3. I love to read blogs. I get sucked in and an hour magically disappears!
4. I am also addicted to Pinterest. (Again, I sit down and an hour disappears.)
5. I wish I could teach in house shoes everyday. I hate shoes.
6. I love chocolate and mountain dew! The more stressed I am, the more I consume. Not a good example for the kids.
7. I have been teaching for 13 years, and I still love it. I love the kids. They make me smile. I love it when they make connections to learning and "get it".
-And then, give the award to some newly discovered blogs! Check out these great blogs! They always have a ton of freebies to share!